BB&T honored for mobile banking functionality
Award attributed to new capabilities within U by BB&T
May 19, 2016
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., May 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BB&T (NYSE: BBT) has been named "2016 Javelin Mobile Banking Leader in Functionality" by Javelin Strategy & Research.
"This honor shows BB&T's mobile banking capabilities are among the best in the industry," said Chief Digital Officer Bennett Bradley. "With more than 1.5 million active users already, we're pleased our clients are engaging with this new customizable digital banking platform that's all about them and how they want to manage their financial lives."
BB&T was ranked third in Javelin's annual mobile banking scorecard in the functionality category, up from 18th place in 2014. Javelin noted that 'this fast rate of growth was due to key functionality upgrades within the U app,' including the ability for clients to:
- Manage debit cards, order replacement cards, activate new cards, and temporarily disable cards, if needed – all within the app
- Aggregate account information and assets from BB&T and other financial institutions
- Experience mobile deposit support, such as viewing mobile deposit funds and deposited checks availability
- Call or schedule an appointment with their local banker through the "My Banker" feature
- Contact a representative through live chat, checking current wait times and requesting a call back
- View and redeem credit card rewards and access cash back offers through BB&T Deals
- Send person-to-person payments from their phone, to any person, regardless of where they bank
About 2016 Javelin Mobile Banking Leader awards
The Javelin Mobile Banking Leader awards recognizes these leaders for their quality mobile banking product or client experience and ability to meet customer demand. These awards leverage Javelin's annual Mobile Banking Financial Institution Scorecard that benchmarks the mobile banking capabilities of the top 30 U.S. retail financial institutions, by gross annual deposit size. In 2016, four critical areas were benchmarked: functionality, accessibility, app ratings, and alerts. The award designations are determined by a combination of results of the interviews, website research and analyst opinion.
BB&T is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S. with $212.4 billion in assets and market capitalization of $26.0 billion, as of March 31, 2016. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company operates 2,137 financial centers in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and offers a full range of consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage and insurance products and services. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T is consistently recognized for outstanding client satisfaction by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Greenwich Associates and others. More information about BB&T and its full line of products and services is available at BBT.com.
For further information: Brian Davis, Vice President, Corporate Communications, CorporateCommunicationsNotification@BBandT.com